The Institute of Sales Management (including ISM Education Limited) (“ISM” or “we“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the data controller is the Institute of Sales Management of 18 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BP.
Information We Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to any of our membership services and when you report a problem with our site.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information about how you visited our site; and
• information about your visit such as which parts of our site you looked at.
• Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and/or credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
For the avoidance of doubt, we do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any third parties.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from your membership of ISM and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer;
• to notify you about changes to our service; and
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of your Information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
• any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
• selected third parties including:
• business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
• advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
• credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if ISM or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk.
GDPR provides you with enhanced rights to access the data that we hold on you and greater control on how your personal data is used. As an individual whose personal data we process, you are specifically provided with and can exercise the following rights:
· To be informed about what data we hold on you
· To access the data that we hold on you
· To rectify any inaccurate data that we hold on you
· To have any data that we hold on you to be erased1
· To restrict us processing data held on you2
· To move your data to another organisation – data portability
· To object to your data being collected or used
· To opt out of automated decision making and profiling
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with GDPR. Some access requests may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For more information on GDPR and what this means for you, please contact your normal ISM representative or us directly at:
Data Protection, Institute of Sales Management, 18 King William Street, London EC4N 7BP
1. Subject to legal, contractual and service provision restrictions that would prevent the erasure of data
2. Excludes restrictions that are incompatible with the provision of a service