Thursday 1st November
Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University Gait 11, The Avenue, Currie, Edinburgh EH14 4AS
We’re delighted to be joined by 4 exceptional speakers at our inaugural Scotland event. This is sure to be a compelling evening of sharing and gaining insight, as well as having the opportunity to network with likeminded professionals.
1. Charisma: Your Key to Maximum Influence and Impact – What is charisma? Are you born with it or is it something that can be learned? And what effect does it have in your personal and professional life?
Numerous studies and many different credible sources show that charismatic leaders outperform their non-charismatic peers by an average of 68% (Harvard Business Review 2012). Although charisma can’t be taught, it is possible to develop your own charisma in a way that is completely true to you. As a result, you’ll improve your relationships, boost your sales success and maximise your day to day performance.
In this session, you will learn:
• What Authentic Charisma is and why it is important
• The 5 key areas that impact your authentic charisma
• How to recognise the blocks that stop you reaching your full potential
• How to engage, inspire and motivate the people around you
• How to stand out and be remembered (for all the right reasons!)
2. Is Cold Calling Dying - an interactive presentation on 'Is Cold Calling Dying?' focusing on the need for companies to make best use of the new features in social media in order to interact with your customers across all channels.
3. ‘The Art of Negotiation: What they do teach you at Edinburgh Business School’ - Developing sound negotiation skills and helping managers make the right decisions, for both themselves and their business. The course provides a thorough grounding in the science and practice of negotiation, looking at how academic disciplines have contributed to the science of negotiation.
Mel Sherwood is a pitch and presentation specialist who prepares ambitious entrepreneurs and business professionals to take centre stage, embrace the spotlight and present clearly, confidently and credibly. Described as charismatic, engaging and riveting, Mel is also a popular event host who adds an element of fun and really connects with an audience. She is a multi-award-winning speaker and a qualified trainer, mediator and NLP Practitioner, Mel was also the 2016-17 President of the Professional Speaking Association UK and Ireland (Scotland Region). Mel’s first book The Authority Guide to Pitching Your Business: How to make an impact and be remembered… in under a minute! was published in September 2017.
Mark Gibson, Sales and Marketing Director of Redspire Ltd, Microsoft Dynamics Gold Certified Partner consultancy. Mark Gibson has an impressive career spanning 25 years across security manufacturing, public sector, financial services and technology sectors, Mark’s global experience has been proven to provide rapid growth for businesses and convert technological and commercial insights into effective sales strategies.
Stuart Hamilton, Microsoft Dynamics Specialist Redspire Ltd. Stuart Hamilton has 40 years’ experience in B2B sales, including 10 years delivering sales, leadership & management training, Stuart has a proven track record in helping businesses to achieve ambitious targets. As a mentor acting for several Chambers of Commerce and business accelerator companies, Stuart also has many years’ experience in working with start-ups and scale-ups to implement effective sales processes and systems.
Robert Hartnett, MBA MSc FRAS FRSA
Robert is passionate about training negotiators. A licenced Negotiate Ltd trainer, he has taught over 2,000 businesspeople to get better deals for their companies and for themselves. After a successful business career in the UK and Denmark, Robert joined the faculty at Edinburgh Business School in 2012 and is a Senior Teaching Fellow and lead for the MBA strategic courses, including the advanced course Strategic Negotiation
ISM Champion and Chair of the Scottish Regional Committee Iain Rose will be host for the evening. Based in Central Scotland, Iain has over 35 years’ experience in various MD, Corporate and SME Sales Management roles within UK and Internationally. Iain is highly passionate about the Sales Industry and is seeking to further develop the Scottish Region member involvement.